Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Rings of Doom

I am not saying I expected suspension training to be easy, that would be foolish.  However I did not expect to feel like crawling into the fetal position halfway through class.  I will say that I survived for 50 minutes although several times I was fighting the urge to puke or pass out.  This is a primarily a result of my new diet which didn’t set me up with enough calories to burn during such an intense class but also due to the fact that I am out of shape.  I am thankfully well on the way to fixing that but the class last night was torture.  We used the suspension trainer for a combination of upper body, lower body, and core exercises.  Some of the exercises made me feel like fire was pulsing through my veins.  Then we get a “break” by doing mountain climbers, sprinting, and up downs.  I am proud to say I survived but boy did I sulk like a little child to Kyle when I got home. 

I am sore pretty much everywhere but mainly in my upper arms, upper thighs, and stomach.  I am so glad I tried the class and I will go back just not until I have spent a little more time toning up in more humane ways like yoga and kickboxing.  I will for now call the suspension trainer the rings of doom.  One day we will meet again rings of doom and I will show you who is boss.  I would suggest this class for fitness fanatics or people who enjoy self torture!

No comments:

Post a Comment