Sunday, March 13, 2011

Sometimes you have to spoil yourself

Let me preface this by saying I worked 70 hours this week because of our big software release this weekend.  I have been doing really well in my new role as manager but this week absolutely exhausted my team (myself included).  We persevered and got through it and I’m really proud of that.  The big highlight to my week was that Friday was both pay day and bonus payout day!  I know that sounds shallow to have money be the highlight of my week but when you go so many days in your cubicle without sunshine you have to celebrate the reward you get for doing so.  Most of my bonus money will go towards our mortgage and the few small trips we have planned this year but I wanted to buy myself a present as a reward for all my hard work.

So here is my splurge purchase, note that even this splurge purchase for me involved the outlet store and an additional 30% off coupon but that’s just how I roll!  Here she is:

No comments:

Post a Comment