Thursday, December 29, 2011

Quite Charming

For Christmas I was given a beautiful charm bracelet from Kyle’s grandmother.  It is from Brighton and she started my bracelet with a stiletto with a rhinestone on it, proof that everyone knows I love shoes and sparkles!  It got me thinking about the charm bracelet I had growing up and how life is very cyclical.  When I was little I used to lovingly admire the one my mom and grandma had.  We would sit on their beds and they would tell me the story of each charm and I would listen entranced.  Each was just a tiny piece of silver but it represented something so much more significant.  My mom decided to buy me one so I start my own when I was in middle school.  At first I cherished it and wore it everywhere.  Each charm was a gift was someone I loved and represented something that meant a great deal to me, it was like a wearable scrapbook.  Then you hit those high school years and it is all about being cool and trendy and we often cast our family treasures to the side. 

Then time passes and our childhood favorites wait patiently as we grow up.  Then one day we come across them and we pick up right where we left off and love them all over again.  Here are the charm bracelets from my childhood.  The first is my Grandma Lynn’s, the second my Mom’s, and the third one is mine.  


No comments:

Post a Comment