Monday, January 2, 2012

2011 Recap

I can’t believe it has been a whole year since I started my blogging adventure.  I would like to first begin by wishing everyone a Happy New Year!  It is officially 2012 and the start a new year.  I loved my 2012 recap last year so I have decided to make it a tradition on my blog. 
This year was an incredible year for me in my career.  I am now a manager and have enjoyed the role tremendously and have loved taking on new challenges.  Two of my favorite milestones were winning the PEAK award which includes an all expense paid trip to Hawaii later this month.  The other favorite was getting one of my team members promoted.  He truly deserves it and it felt great to be able to help him take the next step in his career.
In life outside of work two of my best friends got married and I could not be happier for them!  We took some incredible trips and enjoyed time with our friends and family.  I think we have really seen the friends in our lives who will be always be there and we have really focused in on those relationships.  We saw a few friends move to other cities this past year but time has shown that distance is no barrier between true friends. 
Here is a recap of some of my favorite moments or milestones from 2011.
·         I started my blog and posted 115 blog entries
·         I was promoted to a management position in February
·         Kyle graduated with his Master’s Degree
·         My best friend Alyssa got married on October 1st, 2011
·         Kim and Austin got engaged – it was a fairytale proposal
·         One of my best friends Stephanie got married on August 27th, 2011
·         We spent our 4th year with the high school kids in Ignition – including our third trip to BigStuf
·         Our 3rd trip to 12 Mile Indiana for the 4th of July
·         Our 4th Annual Christmas Party – featuring an incredible photo booth
·         Bachelorette Girls Trip to Miami
·         I won the PEAK award at work – we’ll heading to Hawaii later this month for the trip
·         I finally upgraded to a Droid
·         An acquisition of my company was announced and called off
·         I joined and fell in love with Pinterest
·         Several redesign projects in our house

No comments:

Post a Comment