Sunday, July 15, 2012

Our 4th Anniversary


On June 28th we celebrated our fourth wedding anniversary!  In a lot of ways it feels like we have been married longer, not in a bad way, just we have shared in so many experiences together that it seems impossible that it all fit in four years.  We have already built some incredible memories together and I truly feel in my heart that the best is yet to come.  I feel so lucky to have someone like Kyle who pays as much attention to the little details as the big ones.  He is incredibly compassionate and is always there for me.  Even if we both had a bad day we will find a way to make the other person smile or laugh or just share a simple hug and it makes the obstacles seem more bearable.  He helps me stay grounded and keep the right attitude/perspective when I feel stressed or frustrated.  Our relationship is far from perfect but I know he was made for me and we fit together in all the right ways. 

For our anniversary we went to the botanical gardens for cocktails in the garden.  It was Lilly Pulitzer night, more to come on that.  We watched the cooking demonstration in the outdoor kitchen and walked around the orchid house and treetop walkway.  It was hot outside but we enjoyed walking hand in hand and taking in the beauty of the garden.  After the gardens we went to TWO Urban Licks for dinner.  It’s one of our favorite restaurants and it did not disappoint this time either.  The food was incredible and it was nice to be all dressed up and on a date together.  I still get little butterflies in my stomach when we plan special dates like this and that is a great feeling after 10 years together!  We got to watch the sunset through the windows as we finished dinner and it was a great ending to a wonderful date.  He wrote me a handwritten letter and it was so thoughtful and tugged on my heartstrings quite a bit, it was just the right amount of playful and sentimental. 

When we were planning our wedding we made a commitment to one another to renew our vows as a reminder that it’s not a promise you make once but that you continue to make as you grow older together.  So we are looking forward to that next year!


No comments:

Post a Comment