Sunday, November 17, 2013

Christmas Decorating Class

I saw the class on Living Social and figured it would be a fun way to start to get in the holiday spirit.  I was hoping it would be a good class but I wasn’t sure what to expect.  I was pleasantly surprised because it ended up being an awesome class.  The class was led by the owner of Rooms in Bloom, a Roswell based decorator and florist.  Paul walked us through the steps and methods for making wreaths, mantle pieces, votive holders, tree decorating, small arrangements, and stairway garland.  He used a few simple techniques that applied well to each type of décor.  I took copious notes and can’t wait to try a few of the items this Christmas.  My goal for this year is to make a mantle piece for the bookshelf in our living room, a new wreath for our door, a few votive holders, and two small arrangements for our table using beautiful birch wrapped holders I bought from the event.  Here are a few of my favorite pictures of his finished pieces and I’ll post my creations as I complete them, wish me luck!






No comments:

Post a Comment